Continuing Education: Wine Classes
Taught by Ron Irvine, owner-winemaker at Vashon Winery; co-author The Wine Project.
Join Ron Irvine at Lake Washington Institute of Technology, in Kirkland, as part of their school’s Continuing Education. Ron will teach you about wine: its history, its social nature, its educational value, and its enjoyment presented in a fun, almost scholarly way. Includes tasting wine.
Classes are held on two consecutive Tuesdays or Thursdays on the campus, 6 – 8pm.
- Blend Your Own Wines – Tuesdays 4/22, 4/29
- Wine Components Tasting – Thursdays 4/24, 5/01
- Which Grapes, Which Wines – Tuesdays 5/06, 5/13
- Explore Washington’s AVAs (wine regions) – Thursdays 5/08, 5/15
- How Wine is Made – Tuesdays 5/20, 5/27
- How Wine Ages – Thursdays 5/22, 5/29
- Discover New Wines – Tuesdays 6/03, 6/10
- Wine, What is Important – Thursdays 6/05, 6/12
Call 425.739.8112 to register or go to the website: www.lwtech.edu/ce
Students must be 21 years of age or older.
Lake Washington Institute of Technology’s Continuing Education
1605 132nd Ave. NE, Kirkland, WA 98034
10317 SW 156th Street
Vashon Island, WA
Reservations and information:
Vashonwinery@yahoo.com • 206.931.4703
Vashon Winery Hosts Reunions, Clubs, Pre-Wedding Parties, Ladies’ Wine Safaris and More
We can host your special event so contact us today to plan your memorable occasion.
Vashon Wine Club
Join Vashon Wine Club for monthly tastings, usually on a Friday night, starting at 6:30pm.
Four wines, $10; typically one white or rose and three reds. Enjoy the wine, enjoy the music and taste at your own pace.
- 2012 Chasselas Doré
- 2012 Aligoté
- 11 Red
- Woozy Deer Cider
- New vintage of Cabernet Sauvignon, 2009, from Dwelley Vineyard in Walla Walla.
- New wine for us: 2009 Grenache from Upland Vineyards in Sunnyside.
- New vintage of Pinot Noir, 2011, from Monument Farm Vineyard on Vashon Island.
AnnouncementsVashon Island Grape Growers Wanted
We are looking for growers on Vashon Island to grow grapes for us. We will help you get started with advice and counsel, then you grow and harvest the grapes (with our help if needed), and we’ll make the wine.
Vashon Island Cider Apple Growers Wanted
We help you make a selection of appropriate varieties for our apple cider